Welcome to Historic Bluffton! Begin your visit here at The Heyward House, official Welcome Center for the town of Bluffton. Tour our House Museum, built by slaves in 1841; find maps and brochures for area businesses, and get a taste of the culture and history of our fair town. The Heyward House Museum and Welcome Center is owned and operated by the Bluffton Historical Preservation Society, a non-profit, 501-(C)-3 corporation, dedicated to the preservation of the culture and history of Bluffton.
Click the arrow icon for a quick glance throughout the house, or use the icons as shown to view any particular room. We offer guided tours through the five interior rooms and the two outbuildings that take about 45 minutes and cost $10. The tours tell the history of Bluffton and the Heyward House and the people who lived here and the many artifacts displayed in each room. Find out how the house survived the burning of Bluffton in 1863. Come in and see the House, built in 1841, and hear stories for yourself!